We use a wide variety of our extensive Physiotherapy skillset to prepare and rehabilitate you from surgery.
Using physiotherapy to enhance outcomes before and after surgery. Physiotherapy plays an important role in rehabilitation, both before and after your operation.
Pre-Surgery Physiotherapy includes:
- Targeted training program to address dysfunction or weakness surrounding your injury
- Advice and education about expectations post-surgery and details about rehabilitation
- Patient-guided goal setting to return to normal activities of daily living post-surgery
- A tailored home exercise program to maintain or improve strength, flexibility and function leading into surgery.
- This is also known as “Prehab” and will help to optimise your outcomes post operatively.
Post-Surgery Physiotherapy includes:
- Advice and guidance through your post-operative rehabilitation
- Advice and education about mobility and function at home, work and in the community
- Soft tissue and joint mobilisation to help reduce pain, increase movement and progress function
- Providing long term strategy ideas to ensure people not only meet their fitness goals, but reduce the risk of further injury
- A progressive training/exercise program to enable a graded return to work, sport, day-to-day activities and remove all barriers to their fitness journey!
After suffering serious damage to my right knee due to a motorbike accident in 2008, I've struggled with many movements and forms of exercise. I've also been very particular with who I let work on my knee. I've been seeing Fiona for a few months now and I must say that my knee feels better now than it has in years!! Fiona has helped me regain some (still got a way to go yet) confidence in my own ability not to mention increased functional strength and flexibility. Highly recommend Fiona and the team at Target Physio.