We use a wide variety of our extensive Physiotherapy skillset to prepare and rehabilitate you from surgery.
Using physiotherapy to enhance outcomes before and after surgery. Physiotherapy plays an important role in rehabilitation, both before and after your operation.
Pre-Surgery Physiotherapy includes:
- Targeted training program to address dysfunction or weakness surrounding your injury
- Advice and education about expectations post-surgery and details about rehabilitation
- Patient-guided goal setting to return to normal activities of daily living post-surgery
- A tailored home exercise program to maintain or improve strength, flexibility and function leading into surgery.
- This is also known as “Prehab” and will help to optimise your outcomes post operatively.
Post-Surgery Physiotherapy includes:
- Advice and guidance through your post-operative rehabilitation
- Advice and education about mobility and function at home, work and in the community
- Soft tissue and joint mobilisation to help reduce pain, increase movement and progress function
- Providing long term strategy ideas to ensure people not only meet their fitness goals, but reduce the risk of further injury
- A progressive training/exercise program to enable a graded return to work, sport, day-to-day activities and remove all barriers to their fitness journey!
Fiona from Target Physio has been helping me since 2007. and she has helped me overcome large obstacles in my life. From nearly never being able to walk again to now playing every sport under the sun, largely due to Fiona's influence and ongoing support. She helped me regain my confidence to overcome my injuries. I have continued to see her since. I also had another physio called Kit for a few weeks, who helped me recover from a minor head injury. The reception team always have a smile on their face even on mondays. The team at target physio are dedicated in helping people to achieve their best. Would highly recommend.
April 17, 2019