Men’s Health Physiotherapist, Thomas Harris, has been working hard to deliver his message to the wider male community.
Tom believes men shouldn’t have to suffer in silence and accept “this is my life now” when it comes to Men’s Health issues.
In May 2020, Tom was asked to join a panel of fellow experts for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia’s Webcast, “Ask the Experts: Urinary Challenges in Prostate Cancer”
You can watch the webcast with Tom and his colleagues below:
As part of the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia’s mission to help men going through Prostate cancer, Tom put together a series of Pelvic Floor exercises for men around Australia and the world.
Tom treats men for Men’s Health conditions both in-clinic in person and online via telehealth. Consulting at Target Physio in Brisbane’s west, Queensland, Tom is still able to treat men around Australia for a range of Men’s Health conditions via online telehealth.
- Urinary or faecal incontinence – both stress and urgency related
- Pre and Post Prostate Cancer Pelvic Floor training
- Post prostate surgery incontinence (‘re-bore’ procedures)
- Pelvic pain including in the scrotum, perineum, penis or anus
- Pudendal nerve pain (Pudendal neuralgia)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Frequent urination including overnight
- Pyeronie’s disease (curvature of the penis)
- Painful urination and/or ejaculation
- Exercise advice and prescription for men on Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer
- Exercise advice and prescription for men on ADT (hormone replacement) and/or radiation treatment
- for Prostate or other cancers.
If you want to learn more, read Tom’s blog – What the Heck Does a Men’s Health Physio actually Do?