Have you just had surgery? Target Physio can help with your Post-Operative Rehab!
Have you recently had an operation on a bone, joint, tendon or ligament?
Target Physio Physiotherapists work closely with your Orthopaedic Surgeon and doctor, ensuring you get the absolute most out of your surgery and rehabilitation!
Whether you’re getting something patched up or a whole new knee, we can help get you moving better and out of pain.
Common surgeries include:
- Knee replacements/arthroscopy
- Hip replacements/arthroscopy
- ACL reconstruction
- MCL reconstruction
- Meniscal repair
- ATFL reconstruction
- Achilles tear surgery
- Rotator Cuff repair
- Shoulder reconstruction
- Spinal surgery (like spinal fusions, laminectomies, discectomies)
- Bone realignment/osteotomy
- Carpal tunnel surgery
When you leave the hospital after surgery, the physiotherapist working with you in hospital writes a discharge summary that gives helpful information to your physiotherapist taking over your care and rehabilitation. When you come for post-operative rehabilitation at Target Physio, our physiotherapists conduct a comprehensive assessment, guided by the discharge summary from your hospital physiotherapist and your personal goals.
Treatment can include:
- Advice and guidance through your post-operative rehabilitation
- Advice and education about mobility and function at home, work and in the community
- Soft tissue and joint mobilisation to help reduce pain, increase movement and progress function
- Providing long term strategy ideas to ensure people not only meet their activity or fitness goals, but reduce the risk of further injury to the area
- A progressive training/exercise program to enable a graded return to work, sport, day-to-day activities and remove all barriers to their activity or fitness journey!
Your care at Target Physio is guided by your goals in conjunction with the most current evidence-based practice.
If you’ve just had surgery and need to start your rehabilitation, book an appointment online today.
Finally I found a physio team who really understand "workout despite injury". In Target Physio I don't feel I am patient and too injured or old to do daily gym exercise. They have thought me why, how and what should I do in the gym to improve my strength and help recovering my injured knees.